- Take your bullies temperature rectally (for an adult 100/102 degrees – any reading of 103 degrees or above is a sign of danger. Respiratory should be 10/30 breathing per minute.
- Check for dehydration by pulling up on the skin in the back of the neck area. If it goes back down then they are fine.
- Check your bullies gums for a pink color. If their gums are white or pale that indicates that they are not getting enough oxygen. IMPORTANT CAN BE A SIGN OF HEART TROUBLE /WHITE BLOOD CELLS LOW AND INTER BLEEDING!!!
- Check the whites of the eyes….make sure they are not yellow.
- You should keep track of your bullies weight. Sudden hair loss weight gain or loss could be a thyroid condition.
- Keep your bullies ears and teeth clean. Check their eyes for cloudiness as this can be a sign of an ulcer on their eye.
- Check for lumps or strange moles in the mouth or on the body.
- Watch for excessive coughing. This is a sure sign of KENNEL COUGH or perhaps heart worms.
- Have your bullie rest after eating to help avoid stomach flipping. Watch for stomach bloating.
- Check stool for worms. Keep your dog on heart worm medication that has parasite protection like Trifexis.
- Check for strong smell or dark color in urination. infection or stones.
- Have yearly vaccinations and bordetella – blood work for heart worms and lyme disease. If you have an older bullie you may want to check blood work.
- If your bullie has been vomiting or has diarrhea check their temperature and check for dehydration. They may be experiencing a blockage.
- Buy the book “Dog Owners Home Veterinary Handbook.” This will be a big help to you!
- Be sure keep your bullies nails trimmed and check paws for any problems.
- Bathe your bullie once a month. Too many baths can cause dry skin. Use blue for white and black colors. (I use the horse shampoo or baby shampoo)
- To make sure you have no Allergy to food. After puppy food change to a NO GRAIN FOOD. You can give allergy tablets to your dog.65lbs two tab. 40one IF YOUR DOG HAS OUTSIDE ALLERGY YOU CAN USE 10MG OF ZYRTEC EVERY DAY, HAVE A LONG AND HEALTHY LIFE MY BULLIES!!!! ATTENTION NEVER NEVER GIVE YOUR PET ANY SUGAR FREE FOOD GUM SODA FOOD LOOK FOR THE XYLITOL I THE ITEMS. WILL KILL YOUR PET!!!!
Fleas and Ticks and Mosquito and bug bites!!!!!!
Make sure you have you dog on Trifexis for heartworm and flea parasite protection. Used Frontline for ticks. Check your dog for Lyme Disease(tick bites)
TIPS Keep fleas and ticks away Use Scotts Summer Guard Bug Control on your Yard Spring /Fall. Wash you dog in Dawn Dish Soap Use spay bottle with lemon juice and water 50/50. Put Vinegar in dog drinking water 1/4 c. to 5 gallon water. Skin of Soft use roll on the dog.
HAVE A GREAT AND HEALTHY YEARS WITH OUR BULLBABIES. CALL OR TEXT FOR HELP 24/7 AT 937-642-3384!!!!!!! Please Call to ask about any of this information and how to use it!! WE NOT VETS BUT CAN HELP YOU OUT FROM OUR YEARS OF LOVING AND CARING FOR OUR HEALTHY BULLIES FOR YOU!!!